Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Feeling the Dr. Seuss Fever

In celebration of Dr. Seuss's 108th birthday last week, we have been creating copious amounts of crazy, creative Seuss-themed art! 

The Kinders and 1st graders created Cat in the Hat hats out of a paper plate, red and white construction paper, glue, staples and tape.  Then we read the Cat in the Hat together.


 First graders showing off their cool hats!


 Kindergarteners showing theirs off!
I loved this picture- a student intently reading The Lorax while wearing his hat!


Those students are now reading One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and creating large fun fish to paint.  I'll have pictures of those next week.  And my 2nd, 3rd and 5th graders started The Lorax themed projects which I'm really excited about!  

Here's a sneak peek at the 3rd grade art from today.  Sorry it's sideways!!!  I can't figure it out...

It was a really great day... we studied Dr. Seuss's SECRET ART!  (SO cool if you haven't seen it!)  and I got to read some fabulous books!  LOVE sharing my favorite book (The Lorax!!!!) with my students- such a great, great story!

No comments:

Post a Comment