Thursday, March 7, 2013

Putting Color Theory into Practice

Today was a fun, coloful day full of exploration and creativity!  My third grade has been studying color theory in preparation for our upcoming art museum field trip.  We made some spinning color wheels that I'll have to post another time.  Today they got to use the primary colors to create monoprints.  What a fun time!  They could make as many prints as they wished.






Meanwhile, my kindergarteners are working on learning their primary colors.  We watched some fun videos on YouTube that are color mixing movies- they are always a hit!  Then I let the students fingerpaint with the primary colors to create secondary colors.   It's ALWAYS fun when we get to fingerpaint in art class!!  :)





Needless to say I ran out of paper towels in my dispensers very early in the day!  haha!  Good times in my room today; messy, but good! 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment