Saturday, February 11, 2012

Getting your feet wet=soaking wet all over

This year has been a year of a lot of firsts for me.  So in the spirit of getting my feet wet, I have decided to jump into the world of blogging.  I am an art teacher, busy mother to twin girls, wife to my handy (and sometimes remodel happy) wonderful husband and (if I have the energy) crafter and artist.

This is my first year working full time in a public school.  I have taught art before and worked as a 4K teacher for two years, so when I accepted my dream job of teaching art full time I didn't think about just how soaking wet all over my experience would leave me.  What I mean is, I knew it would be a year of firsts.  A year of new lessons to come up with, new students, new co-workers, etc... but what I didn't realize is how much learning I was going to be doing!

Every moment, every day is a new learning experience!  I learn what works and what doesn't work on a daily basis.  And as I am working on my professional development plan and in my year of reflecting- I am hoping to record some of these wonderful learning experiences here.  And maybe they will help other new art teachers along the way.

I am also planning to share my lessons here because who doesn't love new lesson ideas?!  I have found blogs to be a valuable tool when planning my own lessons.  So welcome to my blog, I hope you find some fun ideas here and maybe gain some knowledge from my experiences as a new teacher.  Good hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment